These days, we’re all doing a lot more from home! Does your brand have an accessible website to ensure you and your customers are getting the most out of this digital age?
Brick and mortar businesses must ensure that they are accessible to all people. Meaning, anyone should be able to navigate their business, regardless of whether they are disabled or not. Now, imagine the same thing for your website. According to the CDC, 1 in 4 Americans has a disability. Therefore, 1 in every 4 of your website visitors could be experiencing issues on your website. Sadly, the vast majority of websites are not accessible.
Now, it is your opportunity to set your brand apart from the masses!
Benefits an Accessible Website
Accessibility is not just about avoiding a lawsuit, it’s the right thing to do and shows that you have an empathetic brand. Also, website accessibility is also a factor in search engine rankings which means it can help you reach more customers.
Is Your Website Accessible?
- Your website’s (HTML) code should be machine readable.
- You should be able to fully navigate your website with keyboard shortcuts such as ‘Enter’, ‘Tab’, and the arrow keys.
- Is the dynamic content (the content that changes on your website’s page without the page needing to reload) on your website accessible?
- Do your images have Alt Text?
- Is your text accessible (clear headings, resizable and easily readable fonts, bold and contrasting colors, etc.)
- Are your forms accessible?
- Your website should be responsive to all platforms, browsers, and devices (including mobile).
We specialize in building beautiful and accessible websites that are and designed to convert visitors into customers. Consult with our team at 90 Degree Design to find out how we can redesign your website to be user friendly for all.